This station is in the south of the town of Beauly. It has a very short platform. It was formerly a two platform station. The new platform uses a short section of the former northbound platform. There is a car park.
The main station building, a two storey stone built building still standing, was on the southbound platform with a waiting room on the northbound platform. The main building has crow-step gables and is ^H^ shaped in plan. A water column was provided on the northbound platform, the water tank was north of the road bridge at the north end of the northbound platform.
There was a goods yard at the south end, on the north side of the line and approached from the east.
Signal boxes opened at either end of the station. The south box was at the east end and on the south side of the line. The north box was at the west end and on the south side. Both opened in 1891.
After 1900 extra sidings were added in a large yard on the south side for a new sawmill, these sidings also approached from the east.
The station closed to passengers in 1960. The boxes closed in 1965 and the southbound line lifted.
While closed, between 1960 and 2002, the track was slewed to between the platforms but was realigned for the re-opening. A small car park was added, in a small part of the former saw mill yard.
The main station building remains in use as a house.
To the north, in the town, is Beauly Priory. To the east, towards Inverness, is Beauly Viaduct over the River Beauly.
Muir of Ord
| Beauly Viaduct|
Kiltarlity Power Station
Muir of Ord Shed
Bunchrew Gravel Pit
Conon Bridge Viaduct
Muir of Ord Golf Club
Glen Ord Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|13/06/1960||Inverness and Ross-shire Railway|
Beauly station closed.
|/ /2002||Inverness and Ross-shire Railway|
Beauly station re-opened.
Highland Railway (Railway History)
Highland Railway (The David & Charles series)
Highland Railway Album
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Highland Railway