Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
Probably spelt Cairnie as per the nearby farm and cottages. This station was probably located either at Cairnie Cottage or near Adamsrow, a location now lost after the development of the Millerhill Marshalling Yard.
The station did not survive the conversion of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway into a properly railway with the opening of the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway and various deviations and improvements to the original line.
This station may not have had any facilities at all and was most likely a stopping location, more akin to a halt than a station.
Niddrie Junction [2nd]
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 2)
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 1)
Other railway and industry locations
Millerhill Yard Down Sorting Sidings
Millerhill Yard Up Hump
Millerhill Yard Down Secondary Sorting Sidings
Millerhill Yard Junction
Millerhill Yard Up Secondary Sorting Sidings
Millerhill Yard Up Sorting Sidings
Newcraighall South Junction
Millerhill EGIP Depot
Millerhill Engineers Depot
Millerhill Yard Up Arrival Sidings
Millerhill Yard Down Hump
Monktonhall Colliery Loading
Edmonstone Colliery Engine Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|14/07/1847||Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)|
Portobello East Junction to Niddrie South Junction, Cairney to Millerhill, re-alignment at Sheriffhall and Dalhousie to Gorebridge opened.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route