Sheriffhall [2nd]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Sheriffhall [2nd] (1847-1850)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway).

Opened on the Millerhill Deviation (Network Rail).

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This short lived station replaced Sheriffhall [1st]. It was probably located to the south side of the A6106 overbridge and opened with the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway).

This was a rural location which not doubt led to the early closure. After closure the nearest stations were at Millerhill and Glenesk.


Tags

Station