Sheriffhall [1st] (1834-1847)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The exact location of this short lived station is uncertain, being more a stopping place than a station. It was located on the original alignment of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway probably to the north of the A6106 overbridge.
On opening of the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway) the line was realigned and Sheriffhall [2nd] opened.
Two bridges exist over the original and re-aligned trackbeds here.
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Other railway and industry locations
King^s Gate Junction
Sheriffhall City Bypass Overbridge
Telegraph Pole Works
Millerhill Yard Carlisle Arrival Sidings
Eskbank Carpet Factory
Edmonstone Colliery Old Engine Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route