Cairnbulg

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Cairnbulg (1903-1965)

Opened on the St Combs Light Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway).

Description

This was a single platform station with a loop and a goods yard at the west end, approached from the west.

The loop was removed before closure.

A station cottage remains as does a loading bank. The platform site is partly in use as a road.

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map




Nearby stations
St Combs
Philorth Bridge Halt
Philorth Halt
Rathen
Kirkton Bridge Halt
Fraserburgh
Lonmay
Mormond Halt
Strichen
Longside
Mintlaw
Newseat Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Brucklay [2nd]
Inverugie
Philorth Bridge
Consolidated Pneumatic Tool Works
Fraserburgh Shed
Sandhaven Meal Mill
Peat workings
Peterhead Shed
Tourist/other
Cairnbulg Castle
Kinnaird Head Castle Lighthouse and Museum
Memsie Cairn
Sandhaven Harbour
Rosehearty Harbour
Pitfour Lake
Deer Abbey
Pennan Harbour
Brucklay Castle
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.


Dates

01/05/1903St Combs Light Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)
Line opened from Fraserburgh (Formartine and Buchan Railway) to St Combs. Stations opened at: Cairnbulg, Philorth Bridge and St Combs.