St Combs Light Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)

Introduction

This railway is closed. The railway provided a service from St Combs to Fraserburgh with connections to Aberdeen. The line was owned by the Great North of Scotland Railway.






Locations along the line

These locations are along the line.

This terminus was in the east of Fraserburgh close to the quaysides of the harbour.
...

More details

See also
Formartine and Buchan Railway
Ex-GNSR coaches on the St Combs branch train standing at Fraserburgh in the summer of 1953. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /08/1953
D40 4-4-0 62272 approaching Fraserburgh on 5 July 1950. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow 05/07/1950
Ex-GNSR 4-4-0 62231 brings a train into Fraserburgh in July 1948. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /07/1948
B1 4-6-0 61352 brings a fish train out of the yards at Fraserburgh on 2 July 1951. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow 02/07/1951
4 of 99 images. more


This was a single platform halt on the line from Fraserburgh to St Combs located to the south of Fraserburgh close to Fraserburgh Golf Course and the esplanade. Just to the north was the Fraserburgh Beach Train miniature railway.
...

More details
Ex-GER 2-4-0T 67164 approaching the platform at Kirkton Bridge Halt shortly after leaving Fraserburgh with a train for St Combs in July 1951. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /07/1951
1 of 1 images.


This was a single platform halt immediately east of Philorth Bridge on the St Combs branch.
...

More details
F4 2-4-2T 67164 calls at Philorth Bridge Halt with a St Combs - Fraserburgh train in July 1951, the month before its withdrawal from Kittybrewster ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /07/1951
1 of 1 images.


This was a single platform station with a loop and a goods yard at the west end, approached from the west.
...

More details
Ivatt 2-6-0 no 46460 with a St Combs branch train at Cairnbulg on 3 January 1953. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow 03/01/1953
Looking north at the former Cairnbulg station. ...
Ewan Crawford //
Site of Cairnbulg railway station, looking south-east towards St Combs. Part of the station site is now a bus-turning circle, but the trackbed can ...
John Williamson 24/02/2008
The distinctive links landscape of the St Combs branch, seen looking back towards Cairnbulg from the rear of the 2.15pm DMU from Fraserburgh on ...
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) 01/05/1965
4 of 8 images. more


A view north of St Combs station in September 1959. ...
David Murray-Smith /09/1959
Looking north at the former St Combs station. ...
Ewan Crawford //
Ex-GER F4 2-4-2T no 67164, built at Stratford Works in 1907, brings the branch train from Fraserburgh into St Combs in the summer of 1951, a month ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /07/1951
F4 2-4-2T no 67151 stands at St Combs station in July 1951 with the branch train from Fraserburgh. ...
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow /07/1951
4 of 8 images. more