This line is closed. Originally a private goods line it was later upgraded with passenger halts. Oddly there was no interchange at the junction (Elliot) for the line.
Line opened. Initially a private goods railway built by Earl of Dalhousie for slate and paving stones, operated by the Scottish North Eastern Railway (after 1856).
|/ /1855||Carmyllie Railway|
Act receives Royal assent, the line becomes a public railway.
Agreement for working the Carmyllie Railway by the Scottish North Eastern Railway.
Scottish North Eastern Railway|
Carmyllie Railway absorbed by Scottish North Eastern Railway.
|/ /1873||Carmyllie Railway|
Caledonian Railway authorised to improve the line.
|/ /1876||Carmyllie Railway|
Proposed alterations abandoned.
Becomes joint Caledonian Railway and North British Railway, when the Dundee and Arbroath Railway becomes the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway.
|/ /1898||Carmyllie Railway|
Light Railway Order - authorisation to make line into a Light Railway.
Opened to passengers following light railway order. Stations at Arbirlot, Cuthlie, Denhead, Carmyllie.
Closed to passengers.
Re-opened to passengers
Carmyllie to Elliot Junction (excluded) closed to passengers.
Carmyllie to Elliot Metal Box Factory Siding (excluded) closed to freight.
|/ /1984||Carmyllie Railway|
Elliot Metal Box Factory Siding to Elliot Junction (excluded) closed.
These locations are along the line.
This station was located at the junction for the Carmyllie Railway. This was initially a goods and minerals only line, opened 1854, the line opening to passengers in 1900. The junction allowed trains from the Arbroath direction access to the branch.
This was a small station with a platform on the east side of a passing loop. There was a siding on the west side, served from the north. At the south end was a level crossing alongside Bank farm.
This was a single platform station to the east of Cuthlie Farm. The platform was on the east side of the line just south of a level crossing.
This was a single platform station to the north of a level crossing. The platform was on the north/east side of the line.
This was a single platform, on the north side of the line, terminus at Redford, north east of Carmyllie. Beyond the station to the north west was a level crossing and beyond that looped and dead end sidings. The line continued on to serve several quarries, the original purpose of the line.