Carmyllie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Carmyllie (1900-1929)

Opened on the Carmyllie Railway.


Description

This was a single platform, on the north side of the line, terminus at Redford, north east of Carmyllie. Beyond the station to the north west was a level crossing and beyond that looped and dead end sidings. The line continued on to serve several quarries, the original purpose of the line.

Before the station opened there was a siding on the north west side of the crossing, served from the north west.

The station site is now vacant and overgrown. The line south east is largely landscaped and turned back into farmland and to the north west, over the level crossing it has been redeveloped and beyond that ploughed out.

12/06/2018

Tags

Station terminus

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map