This railway is closed; the section between Cambus and Menstrie for Glenochil Yeast was retained for many years with the connection at Cambus disconnected from the re-opened Stirling and Dunfermline Railway (Alloa line).
The remainder of the line is now lifted and bridge over the River Devon removed.
|/ /1861||Alva Railway|
Act receives Royal assent.
Line opened from Cambus to Alva.
|/ /1864||Alva RailwayEdinburgh and Glasgow Railway|
Alva Railway absorbed by Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.
Alva to Cambus closed to passengers.
Closed to passengers.
Alva to Menstrie (excluded) closed to freight.
|/ /1994||Alva Railway
Stirling and Dunfermline Railway|
Stirling to Cambus and Menstrie (Glenochil Yeast) closed completely. The end nearest Stirling saw occasional use by tampers.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This junction was directly west of Cambus station and was formed between the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway and the Alva Railway, the branch. The branch opened in 1863. It was single track and the main line double.
This was a single platform station on the north side of the line. The platform extended under the bridge at the west end of the station.
Alva was the terminus of a branch from Cambus. The station was in the south of the village.
This large mine was developed by the NCB. Unfortunately it was not a success, much of the coal to be extracted turned out to have already been removed.