Opened on the Alva Railway.
Alva was the terminus of a branch from Cambus. The station was in the south of the village.
This was a single platform terminus station with a loop. The platform was on the north side of the loop with a loading bank and goods shed at the east end and sidings to the north at the west end, approached from the west.
The station closed to passengers in 1954 and completely in 1964.
The station building, of two storeys, still stands, in use as a house. The eastern portion of the site is now housing and the western parkland.
To the west was the Coblecrook Mill, possibly served by a siding. Before the railway opened a tramway ran south from near the mill to a coal pit beside the River Devon. A small portion of this tramway survived to serve a brick works at the north end and a clay pit south of the line.
Menstrie and Glenochil
Clackmannan and Kennet
Other railway and industry locations
King O Muirs 2,3
King O^ Muirs Colliery
King O Muirs 1
Sauchie Colliery Signal Box
Auchinbaird Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|