This extensive marshalling yard was built to the west of Alloa in 1957. Its remains closed in 1987.
The yard was built to assist handling of goods trains in the Clackmannanshire area where formerly trains were marshalled in Alloa and Stirling goods yard. Coal from Devon Colliery for Kincardine Power Station and Longannet Power Station rounded here. It handled molasses trains for Menstrie.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was a three platform station to the west of a level crossing and east of Cambus Junction. A footbridge was provided by the level crossing used to cross between the platforms and also for pedestrians when the crossing was closed.
This was the junction between the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway of 1852 and the Alloa West to Longcarse (North British Railway) of 1885 which connected to the Alloa Railway. This was a junction between two double track lines immediately west of a level crossing (^Grange Crossing^).
This junction was north of the Alloa Bridge (the swing bridge over the River Forth). This was initially the junction between the Caledonian Railway^s 1885 Alloa Railway line running to the goods terminus near the harbour in Alloa and its connection to Alloa West Junction where the line joined the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway allowing use of Alloa [1st] station. The ...More details