Opened on the Wigtownshire Railway.
This was the terminus of a branch from Newton Stewart. The station was at the north end of Whithorn itself. There was a platform on the east side of a loop. The station building was a single storey and built in stone. It had a canopy running the length of the building.
The goods yard, with a loading bank and two sheds, was on the west side.
A signal box opened in 1908. This was on the east side at the north end of the station.
The box closed in 1933 and was replaced with a ground frame. The station closed to passengers in 1950.
The line closed altogether in 1964.
Little remains of the station. It's triangular footprint can still be found. The southern part of the site is now a green field. The northern portion has the local fire station.
Millisle Exchange Platform
Gatehouse of Fleet
Other railway and industry locations
Whithorn Priory and Museum
St Ninian^s Cave
St Ninian^s Chapel
Drumtroddan Standing Stones
Drumtroddan Standing Cup and Ring Marked Rocks
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Railways (Library of Railway History)
|Rails to Portpatrick (Local History Series)|
The Port Road: Dumfries to Stranraer, Portpatrick, Kirkcudbright and Whithorn