Strathisla Mills Platform

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Strathisla Mills Platform (1985-1993)

Opened on the Keith and Dufftown Railway.


Description

This platform was for visitors to the Strathisla Distillery. It was a short distance south west of Keith station.

The Strathisla Distillery was served by a siding. This had a signal box 'Strathisla Mills Siding', opened in 1877 and closed at some stage. The box was reopened in 1895 and closed again in 1898 replaced by a ground frame.

In 1898 there was a general resignalling of the Keith area which led to the opening of Keith North box at the west end of the Dufftown platform of that station.


Tags

Station