This railway is now a preserved line, the Keith and Dufftown Railway . The railway provided a service between Dufftown and Keith. At Keith the line connected with the Great North of Scotland Railway (which was also joined by the Highland Railway at Keith). At Dufftown the line was joined by the Strathspey Railway (which was joined by the Morayshire Railway at Craigellachie).
|02/07/1857||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent.
|/ /1862||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Botriphine renamed Auchindachy.
|21/02/1862||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Keith to Dufftown opened. Stations at Earlsmill, Botriphine and Drummuir.
|30/07/1866||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
[Great North of Scotland Railway]
Keith and Dufftown Railway absorbed by Great North of Scotland Railway.
|/ /1897||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Earlsmill renamed Keith Town.
|06/05/1968||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Elgin to Craigellachie to Keith Junction closed to passengers.
|/05/1995||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
Closure from Keith Junction to Strathisla Platform.
|18/08/2001||[Keith and Dufftown Railway]|
First passenger train runs from Dufftown to Keith on the re-opened Keith and Dufftown railway.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This refers to the actual junction. For the station see Keith. This junction was formed in 1858 between the Great North of Scotland Railway and the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway further added to with the opening of the Keith and Dufftown Railway in 1862.
This is a one platform station, with a second out of use platform on the former route to Dufftown. There is a passing loop to the east of the station, inconvenient when trains are running late.
This is a single platform station on the preserved Keith and Dufftown Railway. The station has been rebuilt to match the original design. It operates as a terminus currently, although previously it was a through station. It is not far south of Keith.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. Today the former southbound line remains in place, the southbound platform and station building, in use as a house.
This was a small single platform halt. The platform was in timber. The platform was on the north side of the line. The station building was a grounded carriage.
This is a single platform station on the Keith and Dufftown Railway (Preserved). Today it has minimal facilities but historically it was a pleasant station of two platforms with station buildings.
This platform served Loch Park during curling contests. ...More details
This is a preserved two platform station, one of the platforms being a bay and the other the former westbound through platform. Dufftown is the terminus of the Keith and Dufftown Railway Association line, a heritage railway. The original station building still stands on the platform. As with many former GNoSR stations the station name is displayed in a window above the platform frontage. A ...More details