This was a three platform junction station. This was the junction between the Kelso Branch (North British Railway) and the Jedburgh Railway.
The main station house, on the eastbound main line platform, remains in use as a house. The building is two storey, similar to that former at Kelso and several other sites on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway. The platform waiting rooms were demolished.
The platforms were located at the east end of the site with quite a complicated track layout to the west. Looped sidings from the branch met the main line to the west of where the branch proper met the main line.
The signal box (1885) was on the south/west side of the junction.
To the east, on the line to Kelso was the Roxburgh Viaduct, which still stands.
The main line railway was singled to the west and east in 1933. A loop remained here on the mainline between the viaduct to the east and bryond the junction to the west. To the west the westbound line was lifted. Over the viaduct the line was slewed such that at its west end the westbound was lifted but at the east end the eastbound was lifted. This allowed Heiton Siding, east of the viaduct, to be served.
The Jedburgh branch closed in 1964 and the box and station were closed. The loop was lifted. The line closed in 1968.
| Roxburgh Viaduct|
Jedfoot Bridge Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Berwick to St. Boswells: Via Kelso Including the Jedburgh Branch (Country Railway Routes)
Kelso 1919: Roxburghshire 10.02 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'