Opened on the Jedburgh Railway.
This was a single platform terminus. It was located some way north of Jedburgh itself, about 3/4 of a mile.
To the immediate south of the station is the Station Bridge, linking the station to that part of Jedburgh on the east bank of the Jed Water (Bongate), the road then re-crossing further south to reach the town and Jedburgh Abbey.
The platform was on the west side of the line and covered by an all-over roof. The locomotive shed was built onto the east side and turntable located to the north. The goods yard was on the west side of the line just north of the passenger station.
The station closed to passengers in 1948 but lasted until 1966 being visited by railtours and specials. The trainshed roof was removed before complete closure.
Nothing remains of the station, the site being an industrial estate. The station is remembered in the name of the bridge to the south, Station Bridge.
Jedburgh Abbey is south of the former station, in Jedburgh itself.
Other railway and industry locations
Jedfoot Bridge Viaduct
Ale Water Viaduct
Charlesfield Munitions Factory
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|