This is a disused 220yd 14 arch double track masonry viaduct of the former Kelso Branch (North British Railway). The railway crossed the River Teviot, about 75 ft below, on a gentle curve. Listed 'A'.
The bridge carries a footpath on the former trackbed. An iron footbridge is carried on its the north side, the cutwaters extending out a little to carry the footbridge. This footbridge is listed 'B'.
To the west was Roxburgh junction and station and to the east was Heiton Siding.
After the line was singled the track was slewed such that up line on the west side became the down line by the east side.
Engineers: Thomas Grainger, John Miller. Dunglass Viaduct is similar in style.
| Heiton Siding|
Jedfoot Bridge Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Berwick to St. Boswells: Via Kelso Including the Jedburgh Branch (Country Railway Routes)
Kelso 1919: Roxburghshire 10.02 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'