Opened on the Kelso Branch (North British Railway).
This was a two platform station until singling of the line. There was a siding for a loading bank on the south side, approached from the west and a second siding on the north side, approached from the east. Both sidings were east of the station. The platforms were staggered, the eastbound being offset a little west of the westbound.
There was a signal box, briefly, in 1898. Signals were retained after its closure (home and distant signals).
After singling of the line in 1933 - the westbound line was lifted - the westbound platform was improved by extension out onto lifted line's tracked. (The signals were removed.)
The loading bank and modified platform remain intact, the eastbound platform partly remains, built in timber. Railway cottages remain here.
Rutherford House is to the south west. The River Tweed is to the north.
Other railway and industry locations
Jedfoot Bridge Viaduct
Charlesfield Munitions Factory
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Berwick to St. Boswells: Via Kelso Including the Jedburgh Branch (Country Railway Routes)
Kelso 1919: Roxburghshire 10.02 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'