Opened on the Esk Valley Railway.
This was a single platform terminus with a large goods yard.
The platform was to the west, goods yard to the east. The station was rebuilt to have a North British Railway style station building.
A line passing down the west side of the station served the Springfield Paper Mill to the south west. By reversal from the goods yard the Polton Mill was reached.
The station closed to passengers in 1951, the signal box in 1955 and the line in 1964.
The station site is now housing. Nothing of the station remains, although the goods line down the west side of the station is now a footpath. Track survives of a level crossing between the station at Polton Mill at Polton Cottages.
Rosewell and Hawthornden
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Other railway and industry locations
Bilston Glen Viaduct
Burghlee Ground Frame
Edgefield Weighs Cabin
Bilston Glen Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)