This is an island platform station. The station is built on a bridge over the White Cart Water.
The original station building has not survived being demolished in the late 1980s.
There is an entry from Kilmarnock Road.
The next station to the north is Shawlands and to the south Langside.
Pollokshaws East Goods to the south, was on the east side of the line and served from the south. The station^s signal box was on the west side of the line opposite the goods yard. It opened with the line and closed in 1961 when replaced by Cathcart Power Box and Muirhouse Power Box.
The goods yard site is now flats and a car park.
| Pollokshaws East Goods|
Pollokshaws West Goods
Cartcraigs Goods Depot
Maxwell Park Goods
Auldhouse Coal Depot
Muirhouse South Junction
Cathcart West Junction
Cathcart North Junction
Muirhouse South Junction [1st]
Cathcart Power Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/04/1894||Cathcart District Railway|
Extension line opened from Cathcart (New) to Muirhouse Junction for passengers and goods. Stations opened at Langside, Pollokshaws East, Shawlands, Maxwell Park and Pollokshields West.