This is an island platform station. The original station building has not survived, nor has its British Railway replacement. The original survived in somewhat unattractive cut back form for a number of years.
There was a signal box until 1927. This was on the island platfom between the western entrance and station building. With its closure a trailing crossover at the west end of the station was removed.
Access is by two subways, one at either end of the station (from Langside Drive to the west and Tannahill Road east and south side of line).
Cathcart West Junction is to the east of the station.
The next station to the west is Pollokshaws East and to the east is Cathcart.
| SPX Flow|
Pollokshaws East Goods
Cathcart West Junction
Cathcart North Junction
White Cart Water Viaduct
Cathcart Power Box
Cathcart East Junction
Pollokshaws West Goods
Aikenhead Colliery Nos 1 and 2
Cartcraigs Goods Depot
Hampden Park Stadium
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/04/1894||Cathcart District Railway|
Extension line opened from Cathcart (New) to Muirhouse Junction for passengers and goods. Stations opened at Langside, Pollokshaws East, Shawlands, Maxwell Park and Pollokshields West.
|01/10/1901||Cathcart District Railway|
Langside station renamed Langside and Newlands.
|27/05/1962||Cathcart District Railway|
Langside and Newlands renamed Langside.
|13/08/1966||Cathcart District Railway|
Langside station fire.