Pitcaple

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Pitcaple (1854-1968)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station.

The station building on the eastbound platform survives long after closure of the station. The signal box, at the east end of the westbound platform, survived long after its closure. The line has been slewed to midway between the platforms. The goods yard was on a cramped site between the line and the main road, immediately to the north.

The line was originally single track and the eastbound platform was the first platform with the second line and platform added to the south.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map