Kennethmont

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kennethmont (1854-1968)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station.

The westbound platform and building remain intact. The station is at the west end of a long loop from Insch station.

There is a goods yard, largely now used for permanent way trains, on the south side of the line, accessed from the west. A signal box remains in use.

Although the line was initially single track, this station had a loop and two platforms.

Ardmore Distillery is to the south. The station predated the distillery.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map