Nethercleugh

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Nethercleugh (1847-1960)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station to the north of a level crossing. There was a goods yard on the west side, north of the crossing, approached from the north.

A mineral line ran north from the station's goods yard, on the west side, to Corncockle Quarry.

The level crossing was stopped up for electrification of the line. Little remains of the station except a former railway cottage on the east side.

Nethercleugh farm is to the east of the former station.

The very large Lockerbie Sawmills have been developed at Steven's Croft since the station closed. This is directly to the west of the line but not rail served.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map