Kirkpatrick

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kirkpatrick (1847-1960)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station just to the south of Kirkpatrick. There was a goods yard at the east end.

The platforms were to the west of a bridge over a road, with the main station building on the eastbound platform. The platforms were extended later.

The goods yard was on the north side of the line, approached by reversal. A siding on the south side of the line opposite the goods yard, also reached by reversal from the westbound platform. The signal box was on the south side of the line and east of the road bridge.

The station closed to passengers in 1960. The box closed in 1971 when it was taken over by the box at Lockerbie.

The main station building still stands, in use as a house. The goods yard is in other uses. A railway cottage still stands at the entry to the yard.

Kirkpatrick House is to the south of the station. When the station opened Kirkpatrick village was very small.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map