Dinwoodie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Dinwoodie (1853-1960)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station to the south of a level crossing. There was a goods yard on the west side of the line to the north of the crossing, reached by reversal from the northbound line.

The level crossing was stopped up for electrification, replaced by a road bridge to the south. Railway cottages remain on the east side, north of the crossing.

Dinwoodie Mains was just to the west of the former station.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map