Mennock Sidings (1850-1949)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.
These sidings were close to the summit of the line at Mennock. They were on the west side of the line and served from the north. They were located just south of the Mennock Water Viaduct.
The sidings were used for minerals brought south from Leadhills and Wanlockhead before the Leadhills and Wanlockhead Branch (Caledonian Railway) opened.
The signal box here closed in 1944 and the sidings were lifted in 1949.
An alternative spelling was Menock.
Other railway and industry locations
Mennock Water Viaduct
Sanquhar Tile Works
Ardoch Signal Box
Crawick Water Viaduct
Gateside Colliery Nos 4 and 5
Enterkin Burn Viaduct
Tower Colliery [Gateside]
Knockenjig Level Crossing
Wanlockhead Beam Engine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|