Mawcarse Junction (1890-1962)
Opened on the Fife and Kinross Railway.
Opened on the Glenfarg Line (North British Railway).
This was a two platform station.
On opening, there was a level crossing at the east end. There was a loop.
The station was rebuilt when the Forth Bridge Railway and Glenfarg Line opened, part of the upgrade of the Edinburgh Waverley to Perth upgrade. The road was lifted onto a bridge over the railway, just to the east of the former level crossing.
The line was doubled to the west and the new Glenfarg Line struck north from the junction, the Ladybank route remained single track, becoming single track immediately east of the junction.
The main station building was on the southbound platform.
The actual point of junction was east of the station, and road bridge.
There was a goods yard on the north side of the line, served from the west. There was a siding for a saw mill.
The station is largely obliterated today, although the road bridge and goods loading bank remain. The platforms were removed in the early 1980s.
Kinross Junction [2nd]
Kinross Junction [1st]
Loch Leven Curler^s Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Orwell Vale Mill (Woollen)
Glenfarg South Tunnel
Glenfarg North Tunnel
Loch Leven Pier
Old Fargie Cottage
Loch Leven [Loch]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland