Opened on the Fife and Kinross Railway.
This was a single platform station with the platform on the north side of a single track line. The station was south of Auchtermuchty itself.
To the west the line passed under a roadbridge. The station building was at the west end of the platform and backed onto the goods shed, which was to the north. The goods yard was approached from the east. The signal box was south of the line and at the west end of the loop east of the platform from which the goods yard branched.
The station closed to passengers in 1950 and the box closed in 1954. The line east to Ladybank closed in 1957 and complete closure came with the line west closing in 1964.
The station building has been incorporated into a new building which has been built around and above it. A portion of platform remains. It is an unusual preservation of a former station building. The site is the Sterling Furniture factory.
Other railway and industry locations
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Ladybank South Junction
Forthar Lime Works
Glenfarg South Tunnel
Abernethy Round Tower
Old Fargie Cottage
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland