Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
Opened on the RNAS Longside Branch.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track railway. There was a goods yard at the east end, north side of the line, approached from the east.
North and South signal boxes opened in 1890. The south box was at the west end of the westbound platform and the north box was at the east end of the eastbound platform, alongside the goods yard turn out.
In the Great War a branch was built to RNAS Lenabo (opened 1918), an airship station built for defence of shipping by spotting submarines from the air. There were landing sites and storage sheds. the branch was lifted after the war.
The branch ran south east from the station, making its connection to the westbound loop of the station. There was an exchange yard close to the junction on the branch with three sidings. The opening of the branch led to a resignalling and the south box closed in 1918, the north box remaining as 'Longside' box.
The branch closed in 1923.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the remaining signal box closed. The line closed in 1970.
New houses occupy the eastbound platform, where the main station building was located. The platforms remain and the trackbed is now a footpath. A road bridge at the west end has been removed. There is a house 'Station House' to the west, but this is not the former station.
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Abbey of Deer Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Crosse and Blackwell [Peterhead]
HM Prison Peterhead
Peterhead Power Station
Stirling Hill Quarry
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|