Drybridge Platform (1885-1915)
Opened on the Buckie and Portessie Branch (Highland Railway).
This was a single platform station on the east side of the line. The station had a timber platform and waiting shelter.
The line closed in 1915 and the track was lifted for the war effort. It was relaid but never reopened as a through route or to passengers.
The roadway was diverted to the east when the railway opened. Following final closure it reverted to its original course and passes through the location of the station. Two railway cottages still exist to the north of the station site.
Just to the south and west the line closed the road to Drybridge on a large single arch masonry arch which still exists.
Other railway and industry locations
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|