Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway).
This terminus was a goods and mineral station in South Leith. It was opened close to the competing North British Railway^s South Leith Goods, just to the north over Salamander Street.
There was a goods shed, two faced loading bank and sidings. It was approached from the east from Seafield Junction [CR] from which trains ran west to Newhaven.
A passenger station never opened here, nor was one built.
In the late 1930s the line was extended west, with a level crossing over Salamander Place, to the Crawford^s Biscuit Factory on Elbe Street.
In 1966, with the closure of Seafield Yard [CR] and the line west of Leith Walk West Goods, a new connection (Leith East Link (British Railways)) from Meadows Yard was laid in so that a train from the yard could run straight into Leith East. By reversal a train could run as far west as Leith Walk West Goods, now the end of the line.
The Leith Walk West Goods branch closed in 1968.
The depot closed altogether in 1973. The site has been obliterated by subsequent developments. The level crossing track over Salamander Place remains in place.
The Shore [Tram]
Foot of the Walk [Tram]
Leith Walk [CR]
Easter Road Park Halt
Balfour Street [Tram]
Ocean Terminal [Tram]
| Leith Rope Works|
Crawford^s Biscuit Factory
Leith South Goods
Edinburgh and Leith Glass Works
Edinburgh and Leith Gas Works
Leith Edinburgh Dock
Port of Leith [Tram]
Constitution Street [Tram]
Leith South Yard
Scottish Agricultural Industries
Seafield Yard [CR]
Leith Inner Harbour
Leith Albert Dock
Albert Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/04/1952||Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway)|
South Leith [CR] renamed Leith East Goods.
|31/12/1973||Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway)|
Leith East Goods, last section of the line, closed. (Latterly accessed from North British Railway lines via Seafield Road Junction).