Kilbirnie Junction (1889-1930)
Kilbirnie Junction (1943-1953)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
At this junction the Kilbirnie (South) branch left the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway main line. Giffen station was immediately north/east of the junction.
The junction was conventional and closed in 1930 - it re-opened in 193 however with the establishment of RNAD Beith. An exchange yard was laid in on the branch line just before the junction and sidings laid into the depot.
The line into the depot fell out of use in the late 1980s and is now very overgrown.
Dalry Junction [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Barr Colliery Pit No 2
Round Hill Quarry
Round Hill Limekiln
Barr Colliery Pit No 1
Birsieknowe Ironstone Pit No 1
Giffen Coal Pit No 1
Dockra Ironstone Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|