Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Where: Moray, Scotland
This shed was on the north side of the west end of Keith station. It was the shed of the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway (later Highland Railway) opening here because this was the east end of the line from Inverness where trains were handed over to the Great North of Scotland Railway to continue their journey south east to Aberdeen. The shed was approached from the east, allowing locomotives which had brought trains from the west to run to the shed.
Initially a three road shed it was reduced (roughly halved in size) on its north side. Stone from the shed was used, in 1868, to build the second shed at Blair Atholl, Blair Atholl Shed.
The turntable was on the north side of the shed buildling. It was approached from the east.
Assumed to have opened with line.
The shed closed before Keith Shed [GNSR] [2nd].
Strathisla Mills Platform
Drummuir Curlers Platform
| Keith North Signalbox|
Keith West Signal Box
Keith Shed [GNSR] [1st]
Keith Shed [GNSR] [2nd]
Keith Air Ministry Siding
Newmill Signal Box
Strathmill Distillery Siding
Grange North Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Forres and Area Past and Present
Landranger (27) Nairn & Forres, River Findhorn (OS Landranger Map)
OS Explorer Map (423) Elgin, Forres and Lossiemouth (OS Explorer Active Map)
Time Does Transfix: Recollections of a Forres Railwayman