This was a stone built two road locomotive shed at the west (or north) end of the station, accessed from the northbound line. Its use was associated with local trains to Blair Atholl from Perth and to provide locomotive to assist trains up the bank north from the station to Druimuachdar Summit. An equivalent shed was to the north, Kingussie Shed.
The shed replaced a much smaller shed at the east end of the station, Blair Atholl Shed [1st]. Stone was sourced from the Keith Shed [HR].
The turntable was on the north side of the shed building, approached, like the shed, from the west.
The shed was rebuilt in 1940 and closed in 1962 with the end of regular steam on the Highland Main Line.
The shed building still stands, no longer railway owned, in other uses.
Black Island Platform
Dunkeld and Birnam
| Blair Atholl Shed [1st]|
The Soldier's Leap
Falls of Bruar
Linn of Tummel Waterfall
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|