This junction opened in 1897, the southern end of a curve from Whiteinch North Junction. It was opened as part of the improvements to the Clydebank line which was doubled throughout and extended to Dalmuir to create a new through route. The curve, in particular, gave the North British Railway direct access to several north bank of the Clyde sites from the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway via Maryhill Park without having to reverse in the Hyndland area. The NB was facing new competition from the CR^s Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway which directly served many of the north bank shipyards.
The signal box, one the south side of the line just west of the junction, opened in 1896. It also controlled a newly made connection to the Whiteinch Victoria Park line and a short portion of the older line (to Whiteinch Junction) which was retained for a goods yard and the Great Western Laundry. It also controlled the western approach to Jordanhill station.
The new curve, existing line and Whiteinch branch were double track when the alterations were complete.
The box survived until 1960 when it was taken over by the Hyndland Power Box. The Whiteinch line closed around 1968.
The west to north curve was singled for the Yoker Resignalling Scheme.
Scotstoun Show Yard
Hyndland Power Box
Whiteinch Victoria Park
| Garibaldi Pit|
Great Western Laundry
Hyndland North Junction
Hyndland East Junction
Whiteinch Loop Sidings
Skaterigg Brick and Tileworks
Gartnavel Royal Hospital
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|