Glengarnock High

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Glengarnock [CR] (1889-1924)
Glengarnock High (1924-1930)

Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

Although the Kilbirnie (South) branch was single track, this was a two platform station. To the north the line continued double to the terminus and to the south it was single to Kilbirnie Junction.

Just north of the station the large Glengarnock Yard, on the west side of the line and for the Glengarnock Iron Works, made a connection with the line. To reach it from the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway a reversal was needed. Another line ran west from the north end of the station to the works.

07/10/2017

Tags

Station


Dates

01/12/1930Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway
Glengarnock High to Giffen closed to freight.