Glenburnie

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Glenburnie (1847-1848)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Northern Railway.
Opened on the Newburgh and North Fife Railway.

Description

This was a short lived terminus before the line from Ladybank was extended west to Abernethy Road.

Glenburnie Siding was located here, or just to the north. It was a siding with a loading bank on the east side of the line, approached from the south. The signal box was on west side. This box was to closed in 1904, just ahead of the opening of the Edinburgh and Northern Railway in 1909 which joined the existing line just to the south at Glenburnie Junction.

Tags

Terminus Station 12/05/2019


Dates

09/12/1847Edinburgh and Northern Railway
Extended from Lindores [1st] to Glenburnie. Glenburnie opened and Lindores [1st] closed. (Lindores [1st] may also have been known as Abdie?)
18/05/1848Edinburgh and Northern Railway
Extended from Glenburnie to Abernethy Road. Stations at Newburgh [1st] and Abernethy Road opened. Glenburnie closed.

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)

Fife's Last Days of Steam

Fife's Last Days of Steam

Fife's Lost Railways

Fife's Lost Railways

Railways of Fife

The Railways of Fife