Newburgh [1st] (1848-1902)
Opened on the Strathearn Junction Railway (Edinburgh and Northern Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station around a third of a mile east of the later station. the location what cramped and goods yard small.
Newburgh Quarry was on the south side of the line west of the station. It was served by a siding on the south side which was accessed from the westbound line to the west and eastbound line to the east.
The signal box closed in 1906, replaced by the box at Newburgh [2nd].
Other railway and industry locations
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Pitfour Clay Pit
Pitfour Brick and Tile Works
Abernethy Round Tower
Heavy Horse Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|