This is a two platform station. There is a very small car park on the north side.
The main station building was on the eastbound platform.
The goods yard was not by the station, but further east at Fauldhouse Goods. Further east again the line passed over the Longridge to Bathgate (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway) and, beyond that, the Fauldhouse Viaduct.
To the west of the station was a branch to the Fauldhouse Colliery (opened around 1896). Access was controlled by Fauldhouse Station signal box, closed in 1904.
A Civil Defence Store was located just to the north of the station.
Further west was Benhar Junction at Benhar Summit.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
| Fauldhouse No 1 Colliery|
Fauldhousehills Sandstone Quarry
East Badallan Colliery
Braehead East Quarry
Benhar Branch Junction
Thornton Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/08/1964||Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway|
Bathgate to Fauldhouse closed. (This date is probably wrong, should be 1966).
Vanished Railways of West Lothian