Eglinton Bank Signal Box (1846-1933)
Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.
This signal box controlled the approach to the Eglinton Iron Works from the north (Kilwinning station) direction.
From the junction the branch ran south parallel to the main line, on its the east side, steadily dropping in height before turning east to serve the iron works. There were several loops. A connection was made from the south end of the loops to Byrehill Junction to the south.
The signal box was on the west side of the line, opposite the iron works siding.
The connection was altered around 1933. The exchange sidings only made their connection at the south end at Byrehill Junction. Eglinton Bank box closed.
Bogside Moor Halt
Irvine Bank Street
Other railway and industry locations
Eglinton Bank Signal Box
Stobbs Pit (Coal)
Kilwinning East Junction
Eglinton Iron Company Siding
Eglinton Iron Works
Eglinton Slag Processing
Eglinton Engine Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|