Dullator Colliery

Location type

Mine


Names and dates

Dullator Colliery (1913-1914)
Dullator Colliery (1935-1964)

Served by the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This mine was located east of Dullator on the north side of the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.

The mine was being sunk by Baton Collieries Ltd in 1913 but due to difficult conditions was abandoned in 1914.

The later better known mine was sunk by the Cadzow Coal Company on the site of Doghillock Wood. The mine was north of several loops on the main line and was approached by sidings from the east. Sunk in 1934 it opened in 1935. It closed in 1964. There were pits nos 1 and 2.

Surface buildings remain at the western end of the site.

08/05/2019

Tags

Mine

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67