Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
This was a single platform terminus at the end of a short branch from Glenesk Junction. There was a goods yard to the north of the station site.
A coach service ran from the station to Pathhead, to the south east.
The Duke of Buccleuch's Tramway continued the line east via the Victoria Viaduct to serve pits at Cowden and Smeaton. Part of the alignment of the tramway later became the Dalkeith Branch (North British Railway).
After closure the site became a bus garage.
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Other railway and industry locations
Telegraph Pole Works
King^s Gate Junction
Eskbank Carpet Factory
Sheriffhall City Bypass Overbridge
Esk Valley Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/01/1942||Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway|
Dalkeith to Millerhill (Glenesk Junction) closed to passengers.
|10/08/1964||Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway|
Dalkeith to Millerhill (Glenesk Junction) closed to freight
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route