This was a two platform station south of Blantyre Junction [NB] and north of Burnbank Junction. This had a small station building on the northbound platform and a shelter on the southbound. It was located in a cutting.
Greenfield was the name of the immediate area and nearby collieries, Burnbank being the area slightly further east, but as the Burnbank name was applied to the area the station was renamed.
Bothwell [North British]
Meikle Earnock Halt
Bothwell Park Halt
Calderwood Glen Platform
| Greenfield Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2|
Strathaven Junction Yard
C W Ireland Works
Craighead Yard [Empty]
Whitehill Wagon Works
Blantyre Junction [NBR]
Burnbank Signal Box
Auchinraith Junction [NBR]
Craighead BP Chemicals Siding
Hamilton Engine Sheds Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/04/1878||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Line opened to passengers. Stations at Uddingston [NB], Bothwell [North British], Greenfield (later re-named as Burnbank), Hamilton Peacock Cross and Hamilton [NBR].
|19/07/1888||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Burnbank signal box opened.
|05/01/1941||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Burnbank signal box closed.