Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
This was a two platform station on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway. There were sidings on the north side, latterly gunpowder sidings served from the east. The platforms were to the east. The station house was to the north of the eastbound platform and still exists. (The 1895 OS map shows this was also the local post office.)
The box closed in 1973 when the line was singled. The line west to Kincardine Junction closed in 1980. Bogside remained open for gunpowder traffic to Muirside Depot (Caldside Plantation). The line east closed to Oakley (Fife) in 1982.
To the east a short line, approached from the west, served Bogside Colliery.
The trackbed is now a cyclepath and the signal box remains standing. This signal box is a superb example of an older style of signal box which exists in very few places in Scotland. A derelict waiting room also survives on the westbound platform.
Clackmannan and Kennet
| Castlehill Mine|
Devilla Sand Quarry
Ironstone Pit No 16
Ironstone Pit No 15
Comrie Dean Viaduct
Ironstone Pit No 12
Ironstone Pit No 14
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|13/09/1958||Stirling and Dunfermline Railway|
Bogside Fife and East Grange stations closed.