This mineral depot was opened around 1907 as part of the North British Railway^s improvements to its goods facilities in Glasgow.
The improvements included marshalling yards Cadder Yard and Shettleston Yard as well as goods depots Sighthill Goods and High Street Goods.
This yard, built on the site of former infantry barracks, was accessed from the north east at High Street Junction (the connection was round the rear - south - side of the box) and consisted of a fan of rails between Hunter Street and Barrack Street.
The yard closed in the 1970s and remained unused for much of the 1980s. It is now a supermarket and car park.
The Barrack Street Tunnel of the Glasgow and South Western Railway and Gallowgate Tunnel of the North British Railway passed below.
Glasgow St Enoch
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
| Bridgeton Cross South Junction|
Barrack Street Tunnel
College North Junction
High Street Junction
High Street Goods Signal Box
College Goods Signal Box [GSWR]
St Johns Junction
Bellgrove Cattle Market
Bridgeton Cross Tunnel
Bellgrove Independent Tunnel
Bridgeton Central Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|