Opened on the Boghead to Cowdenhead Branch (Monkland Railways).
Open on the Edinburgh to Glasgow via Bathgate and Airdrie.
This is a two platform station with a large car park on the north side.
The station was opened on the site of a loop (the New Monkland Line was single track when first opened)). It replaces Armadale [1st] which was jsut to the west and closed in 1956.
The line here was closed between 1981 and 2010.
Other railway and industry locations
Torbane Pit No 2
Iron and Coal Pit
Torbanehill Pit No 7
Torbane Pit No 6
Coal and Ironstonw Pit
Iron and Gas Coal Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|