Opened on the Dingwall and Skye Railway.
Open on the Kyle Line.
This was a two platform station. The original timber platform on the up (eastbound) platform was lost in 1889. Its replacement survived until at least the 1960s.
The stationmaster's cottage remains in use as a house, this was just to the north of the timber station building.
Goods facilities were to the west, north side of the line, accessed from the west end of the up loop. There were east and west signal boxes to control the loop. The loop was widely spaced to allow goods trains carrying vessels to pass.
The down loop has been lifted and the disused platform remains, increasingly decrepit and overgrown.
Muir of Ord
Loch a Chuilinn
Meall Gorm: South East Peak
Meall nam Peithirean
Sgurr nan Each
Beinn Liasth Mhor Fannaich
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Skye Railway v. 5
Rails to Kyle of Lochalsh: Story of the Dingwall and Skye Railway Including the Strathpeffer Branch (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The Dingwall & Skye Railway: A Pictorial Record of the Line to Kyle of Lochalsh
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2
The Kyle Line: An Illustrated History and Guide
The Kyle of Lochalsh Line: Great Railway Journeys Through Time