|/ /1861||[Kirkcudbright Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent.
Opened from Castle Douglas ([Portpatrick Railway] and [Castle Douglas and Dumfries Railway]) to Kirkcudbright.
Tarff for Gatehouse opened.
|/ /1865||[Kirkcudbright Railway]|
[Glasgow and South Western Railway]
Kirkcudbright Railway absorbed by Glasgow and South Western Railway.
Tarff for Gatehouse re-named Gatehouse. Presumably the [Glasgow and South Western Railway] (who now owned the [Kirkcudbright Railway]) was competing with the [Caledonian Railway] operated [Portpatrick Railway] for Gatehouse of Fleet traffic - for which neither of the two stations were convenient.
Gatehouse re-named Tarff.
Kirkcudbright to Castle Douglas closed to passengers.
Kirkcudbright to Castle Douglas closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This was a two platform station in the north of Castle Douglas.
This was a single platform station, the platform being on the south side of the line. The station building was of two storeys.
This was a single platform on a single track line. The station was in a rural location serving the surrounding farms. To the west are the High and Old bridges of Tarff crossing the Tarff Water. The station was named more for the Tarff Valley than a specific village or town. Gatehouse, for which it was named (or partly named) until 1871, is just under 7 miles west from the former station. ...More details
This was the terminus of the railway from Castle Douglas. It was in the northern part of the town close to the bridge over the River Dee, the Kirkcudbright Bridge, with a two storey building frontage onto the St Mary's Street and Bridge Street corner.