Winchburgh

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Winchburgh (1842-1930)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station located partly in the cutting just to the north of Winchburgh Tunnel.

To the immediate west was the rail served Winchburgh Brick Works. The pit of which is now a large flooded quarry. Sidings approached the works from the north.

Winchburgh Junction, where the west to north curve to the Forth Bridge joins the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway is to the north west.

Winchburgh itself is just to the south of the former station, the tunnel passing below it.

10/04/2018

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map